[Nfb-kzoo] Free Transportation to Vote on Tuesday

Jason Meddaugh jj at bestmidi.com
Mon Nov 5 22:54:21 UTC 2012

Cool idea. If you are having trouble getting to a poling place on Tuesday, this service says they'll offer you a free ride.

Tuesday, Kalamazoo-area churches are collaborating to provide rides to the polls.
Mark Bugnaski | MLive
KALAMAZOO, MI --
 Several Kalamazoo churches are working together to provide voters free rides to
the polls
on Election Day
.
The Rev. Addis Moore, pastor at Mt. Zion Baptist Church, said about 20 to 25 churches
of the
Northside Ministerial Alliance
 have donated their church vans and buses for the cause. They see it as a non-partisan,
countywide effort to give voters access.
"We really want everybody to vote," Moore said. "We don't want anybody to not vote
because they don't have transportation or can't get to the polls."
Moore said the service will start in the morning and will be available on a first-come,
first-served basis. He hopes it especially will be valuable to the elderly population
and people with physical challenges.
Anyone interested in receiving a ride should call 269-388-8801 on Tuesday. That number
rings into Mt. Zion, and volunteers will dispatch transportation to pick up voters.

Best Regards,
Jason Meddaugh
A T Guys
Your Assistive Technology Experts