[NFB-Kzoo] Important Walking Audits in Kalamazoo, Event on Wednesday

J.J. Meddaugh jj at bestmidi.com
Tue Oct 22 19:15:02 UTC 2019

Hello everyone. There is an event on Wednesday which I feel is very
important for as many of us to go to. If you have not heard, the City of
Kalamazoo is performing walking audits of 11 pedestrian routes around
the city in an effort to improve accessibility and wakability. That part
is great. The bad part is that the maps for the audits themselves are an
image and there is no text alternative. Myself and others have written
the people in charge but so far have not heard back. I and others would
like to participate in this vital process but right now are locked out.
On Wednesday, there is an event to discuss the audits and give feedback.
It is from 6:30 to 8:30 at the Foundry, 600 E Michigan. It is a drop-in
event so you don't need to be there for the entire thing.
I plan on going there for the beginning. It is about a 8 block walk from
the transit center, or a couple of bus routes go past it. I am happy to
meet others if it would help or give directions.
Here is more info on the Walking Audits. Feel free to tell anyone not on
this group.
http://www.imaginekalamazoo.com/stories/walking-audits