[NFB-NM] Imagineering OurFuture: Giving Your Time

Tonia Trapp tltrapp.7.467 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 18 18:33:26 UTC 2017

From: NFBNet-Members-List [mailto:nfbnet-members-list-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of National Federation of the Blind via NFBNet-Members-List
Sent: Saturday, November 18, 2017 10:12 AM
To: nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org
Subject: [Nfbnet-members-list] Giving Your Time

<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=9692&qid=1985066
> Image removed by sender. National Federation of the Blind Logo - Go to
NFB.org

Image removed by sender. Imagineering Our Future

November 2017

Image removed by sender. Image of President Mark Riccobono reading to kids

A MESSAGE FROM OUR PRESIDENT
I know of nothing more powerful in life than when a group of people come
together for a common purpose. We enhance that power when the individuals
are volunteers-when they are driven by purpose and action rather than
compensation...
<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=9708&qid=1985066
> more from President Riccobono

Image removed by sender. Image of Kim Cunningham

HURRICANE RELIEF IS MORE THAN DOLLARS AND CENTS Kim Cunningham, who is from
Texas, volunteers her time and energy to the National Federation of the
Blind on a regular basis. But recently she went above and beyond the norm...
<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=9709&qid=1985066
> more about how Kim helped herFederation family after the hurricane

Image removed by sender. U P S volunteers in a group at national convention

VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES FOR EVERYONE We are grateful for all of our
volunteers who help at the national convention and in state affiliates. What
a great way to help blind people live the lives they want...
<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=9710&qid=1985066
> more great ways that volunteers support the NFB

Image removed by sender. action item graphic

THINGS YOU CAN DO THIS MONTH

Volunteer with a state affiliate
<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=9693&qid=1985066
<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=9694&qid=1985066
<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=9695&qid=1985066
<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=9711&qid=1985066
> more information about action items

HAPPENINGS

<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=9696&qid=1985066
> National Federation of the Blind and Automakers Host Conference on the
Promise of Autonomous Vehicles and the Disability Community

<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=9697&qid=1985066
> Expedia and National Federation of the Blind Celebrate Key Accessibility
Improvements

<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=9698&qid=1985066
> National Federation of the Blind Applauds Agreement Resolving
Accommodation Issues

CALENDAR

NOV 15-DEC 15, 2017:
<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=9695&qid=1985066
> Santa Letters Program Application Period

NOV 15, 2017:                 2018 Dr. Jacob Bolotin Award Competition
Begins
<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=9699&qid=1985066

JAN 29, 2018:                 The Great Gathering-In and Washington Seminar,
Washington, DC
<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=9700&qid=1985066

MAR 22-23, 2018:           Jacobus tenBroek Disability Law Symposium,
Baltimore, MD
<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=9701&qid=1985066

MAR 31, 2018:                Scholarship Application Deadline
<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=9694&qid=1985066

APR 15, 2018:                Deadline for Dr. Jacob Bolotin Award
Applications
<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=9699&qid=1985066

JUL 3-8, 2018:                National Convention, Orlando, FL

characteristic that defines blind people or their future. Every day we raise
the expectations of and for blind people, because low expectations create
obstacles between blind people and our dreams. We can live the lives we
want; blindness is not what holds us back. Please join us in our work by
becoming a member, attending an event, sharing this newsletter or supporting
our programs.

<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=9702&qid=1985066

<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=9703&qid=1985066

<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=9704&qid=1985066

<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=9705&qid=1985066

 <mailto:nfb at nfb.org> Image removed by sender. Email Icon Image

<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=9706&qid=1985066
> Image removed by sender. Donate to the NFB Icon.

National Federation of the Blind | 200 E Wells Street | Baltimore, MD 21230
| (410) 659-9314
Unsubscribe
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/unsubscribe?reset=1&jid=7747&qid=1985066&h=
e343ac694d3b2f02>  | Opt Out
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/optout?reset=1&jid=7747&qid=1985066&h=e343a
c694d3b2f02> |  Sign up for email newsletter
<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=9707&qid=1985066

200 East Wells Street
Baltimore, MD 21230
United States