[Nfb-science] matlab

John Miller j8miller at soe.ucsd.edu
Wed Dec 17 16:38:18 UTC 2008

Hello,
I routinely use matlab r2006b and matlab r2008 with JAWS.
If launching the windows application, then you must install the java
access bridge.
I get fine results with a command-line experience.
To do so, open up a command prompt with windows-r and type in cmd.
At the command prompt, give the command "matlab -nodesktop"
Now you can execute matlab .m files, inspect elements of vectors, etc
with standard speech reading commands.
With matlab, I save a script to make a plot and use my favorite ascii
editor, vim or notepad, to make changes to the script.
I run the script and the final version of the figure is created which I
send to the printer or save as a .jpg file.  Within the script, it is
also possible to automatically save figure output.
Contact me off-list for .m examples.
John Miller