[Nfb-science] JAWS and windows XP for laptops

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Mon Feb 2 00:01:53 UTC 2009

John:

I might be able to help you some -- feel free to call me at work
tomorrow -- 651-642-0513.  We have had some problems with laptops and
JAWS at work -- but it really isn't Freedom Scientific's fault.  Some
newer laptops have video hardware that requires newer versions of
DirectX and Microsoft is not updating XP in this fashion.  The only
solution is to move to Vista.

We can probably help you with some Dell laptop/video suggestions.

Dave