[Nfb-science] Accessible Lab

Robert Jaquiss rjaquiss at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 2 19:49:20 UTC 2009

Hello:

     If you want to just identify various kinds of bacteria, perhaps some
models would work. If you have some vision, there are microscopes that
connect to a PC and you could have a large display. Perhaps a teacher could
give you descriptions and you select the matching term. Some planning needs
to be in place before a blind person takes a science course. The website for
VIEW International Foundation does list three resources:
1. A collection of tactile diagram files.
2. A link to the work being done by Cary Supalo to make lab equipment
accessible.
3. A link to a vendor who sells a kit of magnetic materials that can be used
to create diagrams on the fly. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Robert Jaquiss, Executive Director
VIEW International Foundation
230 Peach Tree Drive