[Nfb-science] High school biology help needed

Mark J. Cadigan kramc11 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 19:25:58 UTC 2010

When I was in biology class, the teacher would show the videos, and allow me
to take them home where I could have someone describe them. Or, the teacher
would describe them in class, but that was sometimes distracting to the
other students.

I did not use that many mottles, but I was allowed to feel everything we
were working with in the lab. Obviously, when I was dissecting something
such as a sheep's hart, I had to be careful with the scalpels and other
dissection instruments, but they are not dangerous when used properly.
Tactile diagrams are sometimes useful, but sometimes they don't clearly show
what's going on. I have found 3demenshinal plastic mottles to be the best
when available.

You should not have to provide this material out of pocket. Ask the TVI how
to borrow this stuff or get it with quota funds.

I am currently a senior, so biology was not all that long ago. Feel free to
email me off list at kramc11 at gmail.com with any questions.