[Nfb-science] Introduction

Salisbury, Justin Mark SALISBURYJ08 at students.ecu.edu
Thu Jun 17 01:42:13 UTC 2010

Hello,

    I am a new member to this list, and I would like to meet the other members of the list.  I am a math major at East Carolina University, and I am interested in exploring all areas of applied math, STEM fields, and economics.  I am hoping to meet some people who can share their experiences with being a blind person in a technical discipline.  I think statistics is a pretty interesting area of math.  I'm considering getting a PhD in some form of applied math and teaching at the college level.  I am interested in all types of careers, though.  Could anyone interested in talking to me please respond (on or off list) and tell me what you do for a career, what you studied in college, and what your work environment is like?

Thank you!

Justin Salisbury

Justin M. Salisbury
Undergraduate Student
The University Honors Program
East Carolina University
salisburyj08 at students.ecu.edu

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."    -Aristotle