[Nfb-science] AP Exams

Chelsea Cook astrochem119 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 18:35:29 UTC 2011

Hi Nathan,

I took the AP Physics B exam in Braille last year. The graphics were
very good so far as I can recall (some of them were unnecessary, in
fact), but I survived with just Braille and extra time. For the free
response questions, I used a regular Perkins Brailler and my vision
teacher, a Braille transcriber. Any further questions, you can E-mail
me. What tests are you planning on taking?

Chelsea

PS. Oh, this was a big concern until I talked to someone on the AP
testing committee. Since there is no set standard for drawing diagrams
and such, they don't ask you to do it. But they obviously expect you
to know what is going on visually. For physics, they often asked me
for the direction of forces, fields, etc. with either a compass or
left-right reference.
--
Chelsea Cook

Virginia Tech 2015; Physics Major
cook2010 at vt.edu
"I ask you to look both ways.  For the road to a knowledge of the
stars leads through the atom; and important knowledge of the atom has
been reached through
the stars."
Sir Arthur Eddington, British astrophysicist (1882-1944), Stars and
Atoms (1928), Lecture 1