[Nfb-science] Need Guidance: Several Heavily Visual Labs Coming Up

Cindy Robinson biologize at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 5 04:53:25 UTC 2011

Hi. I am a V I teacher. For the tree rings, you need someone to carve out a little line at every yearly ring. You can differentiate the two kinds of wood by burning the denser wood with a little wood burner and carving the spring wood at an angle to mark the ring. I really hope someone can do this for you. Ask for someone at Project Learning Tree for the state department of forestry. The state department of forestry will usually burn and carve wood for you. They promote the study of forests. Good luck. And if you want me to, I will do it for free if you are allowed to give me your college address and specific professor. I will mail it to him. We call them "tree cookies." I am a member of Project Learning Tree here. cindy robinson

spring wood is laid down early in the growing season and tends to be lighter and more porous than summer wood which is laid down later in the growing season and tends to be darker and more dense.

I will look over the rest tomorrow.