[Nfb-science] AAAS ENTRY POINT! internship program

Stephanie Hirst sjhhirst at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 20:41:58 UTC 2011

Hello everyone,

http://ehrweb.aaas.org/entrypoint/index.htm

I just learned about this program yesterday (though maybe some of you have
already participated).  I'll copy/paste a description of the program below.
 I think it's a great way to get involved in science and engineering and see
if it's for you, especially as an undergraduate.  If you're a graduate
student, well then I'm afraid you're too far gone ;)

ENTRY POINT! is a program of the American Association for the Advancement of
> Science (AAAS) <http://www.aaas.org/>offering outstanding internship
> opportunities for students with apparent and non-apparent disabilities in
> science, engineering, mathematics, computer science, and some fields of
> business. To meet the challenge of the competitive global economy in the new
> millennium, private industry and government research agencies must expand
> the pool of technical talent.

Cheers,
Stephanie

In the field of observation, chance favors only the prepared mind.
    ~Louis Pasteur, lecture 1854