[Nfb-science] ] Drawing Diagrams of Circuits in High School Science/Physics

Chelsea Cook astrochem119 at gmail.com
Sat May 11 17:41:00 UTC 2013

Hi Li,

i just finished a semester of basic AC electronics work. We used many tools to communicate the circuit diagrams to me effectively, including Braille diagrams, a Thermal Pen, and actual components themselves. I find a particular situation and time will often dictate what drawing method to use. One method I particularly like for very, very quick graphs is to just have a friend or TA or professor draw a smaller version in the palm of my hand. this illustrates the point quickly while still being extremely tactile. And while I love and do use the drawing kits mentioned before, sometimes there is no substitute for a quick-and-dirty arrangement in my hand or with actual components. Or things that you've got lying around that can represent components laid out in the various spatial arrangements of series and parallel. Creativity helps, and these are just some of the many ways in which I work. Hope these ideas helped.

Chelsea
Virginia Tech 2015, Physics major