[Nfb-science] tactile measurement tools

aerospace1028 at hotmail.com aerospace1028 at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 1 15:47:01 UTC 2014

Hello everyone,
I'm looking into options for tools to take basic measurements

I found the click rule.  The independence market offers the English (feet and inches) model.  I found mentions elsewhere that a manufacturer (Community Advocates Inc) used to offer a metric model as well.  Does anyone know if the metric model is still available?  Does anyone know of other tools that can accurately measure with precision of at least 1 mm?

I also found mention of a "rotomatic" rule.  I can't find anyone that makes or sells them.  Does anyone know if these devices with the square washer that moves along a threaded rod 1/16 inch per full rotation (or 1/64 inch for a quarter rotation) are available for purchase anywhere?

Lastly, does anyone know anything about accessible calipers?

thank you