[Nfb-science] . Virtual Math Manipulatives

Chelsea Cook astrochem119 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 18:09:42 UTC 2015

Hi Danielle,

I am not completely sure what you mean, but I’ll try.

To my knowledge, there is not that much available on the computer for math after the preliminary elementary and middle school games to help teach math. Is that what you are looking for? There might be a graphing calculator program out there still, but I didn’t have much luck when I tried it several years ago now. Most of the math programs receive infrequent updates because they are generally proof-of-concept research projects and don’t run as well on newer operating systems. That has been my experience.

That is not to say that you won’t find something interesting. If you know your purpose more clearly, maybe I can help more. If you are interested in educational games, I’ve heard of something called MathRobot for iOS.

Chelsea