[Nfb-science] This week on Eyes On Success: Learning Ally

blueskies11 blueskies11 at torpey.info
Wed Jul 29 12:08:32 UTC 2015

1531 Learning Ally (Jul. 29, 2015)

 Many blind students and professionals rely on textbooks and other
specialized material recorded by Learning Ally (formerly Recording for the
Blind and Dyslexic - RFB&D). Hosts Nancy and Peter Torpey talk with Kristen
Witucki, community coordinator for students who are visually impaired, about
Learning Ally, what services and resources they offer, and whom they serve.

The audio and show notes for this episode can be found at:

www.EyesOnSuccess.net

As a reminder, if you are looking for shows on specific topics, wondering if
we interviewed a specific person, etc. try using the search tool we have on
our web site.  Just enter a keyword or topic such as "science", "education",
"reading", "music", or something similar and you'll be presented with a list
of shows about that topic along with summaries for each episode as well as
links to the audio and show notes for that episode.  You can also enter a
person's name or even a term like "pioneer" to find interviews we've done
with pioneers in the field of blindness (such as Ted Henter, Deane Blazie,
Jim Fruchterman, etc.).  One more trick.  If you'd like to hear episodes in
which we talked about the show itself, the hosts, or special episodes, type
"eos_show" into the search field.  Oh yes, if you know the number of a show,
you can also type that into the search field to find links to that show!

We hope everyone is finding this search feature useful.

Enjoy!

Check out Eyes On Success (formerly ViewPoints)

A weekly, half hour audio program for people living with vision loss.

Find out more about the show and get links to the podcasts at:

        <http://www.eyesonsuccess.net/> www.EyesOnSuccess.net

The podcast subscription URL is:

        <http://www.EyesOnSuccess.net/eos_podcast>
www.EyesOnSuccess.net/eos_podcast

Find us on social media at:

        <http://www.facebook.com/EyesOnSuccess>
www.facebook.com/EyesOnSuccess

        <http://www.twitter.com/@_EyesOnSuccess>
www.twitter.com/@_EyesOnSuccess

        <http://www.audioboom.com/EyesOnSuccess>
www.audioboom.com/EyesOnSuccess

Subscribe to the announcements-only list by sending an e-mail to:

        <mailto:EyesOnSuccess+Subscribe at GoogleGroups.com>
EyesOnSuccess+Subscribe at GoogleGroups.com

Subscribe to the listener discussion group by sending an e-mail to:

        <mailto:EOS_discuss+Subscribe at GoogleGroups.com>
EOS_discuss+Subscribe at GoogleGroups.com

Send suggestions or comments to:

       <mailto:hosts at EyesOnSuccess.net> hosts at EyesOnSuccess.net