[Nfb-science] Organic chemistry

Ashley Neybert NeybertA at hawks.rockhurst.edu
Mon Aug 15 14:49:47 UTC 2016

Hey Anna,

I hope you've gotten a reply before now but just in case here we go as I've had some issues accessing this email lately. What I often did was use a model kit. This included during quizzes and tests. I ended up using multiple modeling kits. My teacher was willing to make models of the questions that had diagrams ahead of time and mark them as to which question they went too and as you can imagine if the test got long this often meant I needed o give my teacher several modeling kits ahead of time or to have one kit and do the exam in the teacher's office so that whenever I finished one model I'd give it back and they'd start building the next one. I also had my own modeling kit for questions where there was no pre-made model and I was in charge of coming up with what something was. Sometimes I used this and other times I just had to have a great imagination. I wish you luck and hope you find something, not going to lie Organic 1 and 2 were always my least favorite due to that they're so visual along with that frankly most of the things in lab smell awful. This one is often difficult but from what I've seen you have the resiliency to make it!

Ashley Neybert

ACS National Chemists with Disabilities Committee Member

NFB of Kansas Student Division Secretary