[Nfb-science] CABS Official Flyer

Ashley Neybert NeybertA at hawks.rockhurst.edu
Mon Aug 15 15:01:14 UTC 2016

Hi Cricket,

As I said on Anna's reply I've been having issues getting into this email until now so sorry. One of the things Kansas Students has found helpful is to go to high schools and universities and invite any blind or visually impaired students that go there to a lunch session in order to inform them about NFB and what we can do for them in terms of scholarships, help with school problems, advocacy, friends, etc. You find this out and set this up usually through whatever they decide to call the Disabled Students' office in your are.

As with anything, if you can afford to provide lunch or snacks and have a few members from close by (2-3) attend and be reimbursed for travel (we hire a driver and find a couple close by instead of cabs to save) then you often get a lot of feedback. Note if the school says no due to that they can't favor one group or another we have found that simply stating that all students have full choice whether or not to join as well as stay in the organization and that there is also not anything preventing other groups from doing the same so if another group offers the same you believe that students should have informed choice that often gets around it.

Good luck and feel free to contact me if you have any questions!

Ashley Neybert

ACS National Chemists with Disabilities Committee Member

NFB of Kansas Student Division Secretary