[Nfb-science] Requesting donations for NFB science division scholarship.

John Miller johnmillerphd at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 3 23:03:38 UTC 2017

Hello,

Please ask your family and friends to make a donation to the NFB science division scholarship.

The following text is what I used while asking for donations.

The NFB asks that all donations be submitted by May 1st.

The National Federation of the BLIND NFB is a wonderful organization.
I am the president of the Science and Engineering Division of NFB.
We are a small group working to help blind scientists and engineers.
Please consider making a donation to the NFB towards the Science and Engineering Division Scholarship.
In order to make a donation make a check payable to NFB.
On the memo line write Science and Engineering Div Scholarship.
Mail the check to
NFB accounting/scholarship
200 East Wells St.<x-apple-data-detectors://3> at Jernigan Place
Baltimore, MD 21230<x-apple-data-detectors://4>.

The science and engineering division is raising funds for a $3000 scholarship given in the name of the division to a worthy student at the NFB convention.
We have raised $1000 and are looking to raise $2000 more. NFB gives about 30 scholarships each year.
I was fortunate enough to receive a NFB scholarship as a graduating senior in high school.
I received a second NFB scholarship during my second year of my PH.D program at UC San Diego.

The Science and Engineering Division Scholarship goes to a legally blind individual who will be in a fulltime US college or graduate program in fall of 2017.
The individual must be studying a major in the fields of science, engineering, technology, or mathematics.
You can read about the scholarship application at www.nfb.org/scholarships<http://www.nfb.org/scholarships>.
Our division was able to give a scholarship in 2016.
We have been asked to complete our fundraising by May in order to award a scholarship at NFB convention in July.
If we do not meet our funding goal this year, we will give this scholarship in July of 2018.
I am really excited about the scholarship and am looking forward to meeting the enthusiastic blind student who will be the winner.

Thank you for all of your help and your kind consideration.

Very Best,

John

Sent from my iPhone