[Nfb-science] The Definition of a Qualified Reader?

rjaquiss rjaquiss at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 7 19:11:15 UTC 2017

Hello Elizageth:

     In my opinion, a qualified reader would be someone knowledgeable in the
subject area for which you need reading. Since you are needing help with
math, a qualified reader would be someone who knows math. In your case, I
would think you would want a upper class math major or someone who is
becoming a math teacher. At the very least, the reader needs to have very
good skills with the type of material you are studying. When it comes to
graphs and charts, I would suggest that these need to be rendered tactually
using either capsule paper or a a ViewPlus Technologies embosser. I can't
imagine trying to understand a graph or chart without a hard copy
representation. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Robert