[Nfb-science] CAPTCHA solutions for screen-readers?

aerospace1028 at hotmail.com aerospace1028 at hotmail.com
Sun May 14 15:13:58 UTC 2017

Hello,
I recently ran into a situation where I will need to access a web-site
that uses CAPTCHA challenges as part of its regular log-in process.
These are the standard "type what you see in the fuzzy picture into the
box" type with no audio--or any other--alternative.

It has been a while since I had to deal with CAPTCHA's.  I used to use
the web-vissum plug-in for firefox, but it appears this extension is no
longer under active development and not operable by the latest version
of firefox.

I did a web-search to find out if there are any other CAPTCHA solutions
available and found the CAPTCHA Be Gone project:

https://captchabegone.com/

Does anyone have experience with Captcha Be Gone?  Are there any other
solutions available for screen-reader users that I haven't found yet?

I did contact the site admin about including a less inaccessible
verification method (at least add in the garbled audio option). But I
would like to get up and running as soon as possible.

Thank you,
--Paul