[Nfb-science] Mountain Project Update

Tina Hansen th404 at comcast.net
Mon Feb 12 18:42:53 UTC 2018

As you may know, I posted to this list that I was planning to work on a
project involving mountains and scale for the BELL Academy in Oregon. This
past weekend, my project team and I learned that the BELL X Academy is
starting this year in our state. It's being hosted the week of June 18.

My team and I had an impromptu meeting before dinner, and we have decided to
drop Mount St. Halen's from the project and only concentrate on Mount
Everest. We thought we'd use Eric Weihenmayer's story as the focal point,
given the audience, and we want to inspire them to reach for their dreams.

I understand that Robert Jaquiss, a member who used to live in Oregon and
has moved to Montana, might be working on a 3-d library that could be of
value to our project. Since we only might need a 3-d nmodel of Mount
Everest, and possibly a map of the Himalays region,  my team and I believe
that the 3-d library could be an asset. Robert, please contact me off list
if you can and fill me in on the possible 3-d library you're attempting to
set up. How will our team be able to work qwith it. How will it be made
available? Where would we ba able to access models? Thanks.