[NFB-Science] Is Solidworks Accessible?

Gene Kim gene.sh.kim at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 05:35:35 UTC 2020

Hey all,

I echo what Noren described about SOLIDWORKS and a potential way to work
around it. Unfortunately, I don't think there are many (or any even)
mainstream tools at the moment (SOLIDWORKS included) that are accessible in
this space. Funny that David mentioned Shape because I'm actually a summer
research intern here, and am working closely with the PHD student and PI
who headed the project that was linked (though we're tackling a different
project right now). I'd be happy to connect you if you'd like. Feel free to
reach out at gene.sh.kim at stanford.edu or 650.660.5475! I do wish there was
a readily available tool/solution... I'd love to work toward developing one
in the future once I gain more technical knowledge.

Kindly,
Gene
--
Gene Sung-Ho Kim | B.S. Symbolic Systems, Minor Mechanical Engineering |
Stanford 2023