[nfb-talk] National Federation of the BlindCommentsonSaturdayNight Live Segment

tribble lauraeaves at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 17 14:58:06 UTC 2008

Lots of good New Jersey jokes...*smile* (I used to live in NJ -- they take
New York's attitude in stride.)
But as for the SNL skit, I found a few spots to be offensive but by and
large it was kind of funny. I mean, it is no more insulting than any of
their other skits, and when you tune into SNL you expect them to be
irreverent. I mean, if it were in an elementary school textbook it would be
bad, but it's comedy, which is pretty much completely devoted to magnifying
people's quirks.
Oh well, I agree the governor and Mark Maurer probably did the right thing
denouncing it, but the producers of SNL most likely expected that so I doubt
it did much good except to publicize the controversy -- which may mean SNL
did us a favor.
--le