[nfb-talk] Fw: [leadership] Blindness and Perspective, The Protests Harm Our Image

John G. Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Thu Dec 18 17:19:28 UTC 2008

Well, if we're going to talk about that movie again, I'd like to point out
that the epidemic could *not* just as easily have been anything else.  You
wouldn't have a movie where people got locked up and were unable to take
care of themselves if they had a disease that cause their right arm to fall
off or something.

The movie's whole point is that losing your sight is a disaster. You can't
take care of yourself if you go blind. Otherwise, the movie wouldn't make
any sense.