[nfb-talk] Fw: [leadership] Blindness and Perspective, The Protests Harm Our Image

T. Joseph Carter carter.tjoseph at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 04:39:20 UTC 2008

I'd just like to point out the number of ACBers who were outraged by the
movie, at least until the NFB went out to protest the thing to pretty good
success.

I'd also mention that SNL did not portray Patterson as some Mr. Magoo who
was just totally oblivious to things around him.  They portrayed Patterson
as cognitively deficient as a result of blindness.  That I have a problem
with for the best reason imaginable:  It just isn't funny.

It is, however, mean-spirited.  Lots of people find mean-spirited things
directed at other people funny.  Particularly often, bullies and
bully-victims find such things to be extremely amusing.

Joseph