[nfb-talk] Help with canes

Tom Cramer tom.cramer1 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 22:13:03 UTC 2008

        Hi,

I have a problem with telescoping canes.
Right now, I'm finding that these are a good thing for me to have because
they're a lot less troublesome and can be handled easier than other canes
I've seen.
However, I need to know the best way to fix some broken ones.  I have a few
that broke but I kept pieces of them that still work.  I have enough to make
a new good cane except for the fact that the end part has that screw for the
tip.  I have no idea how to take that screw off without affecting that last
part.  I don't think those take rainshine tips well either.
I don't have many tools so am not sure how to do this.
If the screw does come off, then how do I screw this back in because from
what I see it's not a regular screw.
I need a good dependable cane though.
Tom Cramer