[nfb-talk] braille and coins

tribble lauraeaves at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 24 02:06:01 UTC 2009

Hi all --
On one of these lists I seem to remember an announcement that the Louis
Braille commemorative coin was the first to contain braille in its
inscriptions.
I was just talking to a nephew who collects coins and he says that is not
true -- the Alabama state quarter contains an image of Helen Keller with her
name in print and braille engraved next to her.
Perhaps the difference between the new coin and the Alabama quarter might be
that the braille on the quarter is quite small so according to my nephew, he
didn't anyone could read it by touch.
Anyway, I thought I'd mention it.
Happy brailling.
--le