[nfb-talk] Statement From President and First Lady Obama:

Kenneth Chrane kenneth.chrane at verizon.net
Sat Dec 19 19:39:49 UTC 2009

President and First Lady Obama White HouseFellows Message.pdf
November 13, 2009
Public service is a noble calling and a founding pillar of our Nation.
Today, more than ever, we
need individuals who will contribute their skill, talent, and passion to
solve our most difficult
problems. Since its establishment by President Lyndon Johnson in 1964, the
White House
Fellows Program has equipped emerging leaders with a depth of knowledge
about governance
and cultivated a lasting commitment to civic engagement.
Today's challenges cannot be met by government alone. In the 21st century,
we will need new
partnerships and creative leadership to succeed. Americans from all fields
of study-including
science, liberal arts, business, social entrepreneurship, military,
non-profit, and law-will lead
this charge.
Working alongside public servants at the highest levels of the Executive
Branch, White House
Fellows gain invaluable experience and can apply these lessons in any
discipline or career. After
their year in our Nation's capital, they leave with a broader perspective
and renewed purpose to
help their fellow citizens, to collaborate on the great challenges of their
era, and to advance
timeless American ideals.
As you embark on your life's journey, we hope you will consider
applying
to the White House
Fellows Program and step into the current of history.
b m
For more information, please visit
www.whitehouse.gov/fellows.