[nfb-talk] Jury finds IA Dept. for Blind's guide dog policydoesnot discriminate

Alicia Richards alicia716 at msn.com
Fri Feb 20 23:00:11 UTC 2009

As usual, John, you are only trying to cause trouble by distorting something
that is quite clear.  The Iowa center did not refuse entry to Miss Doman,
nor does any NFB center refuse entry to a student with a guide dog.  That,
of course, would be illegal.  But, if a guide dog user does choose to go to
Iowa's program, they must accept that they will not be allowed to use their
dog during their center classes. This does not apply to a student's off
hours time, where they may use their dog as much as they like.  Therefore,
Iowa has broken no rule of law.  If Miss Doman, or any other potential
student does not like the policies of a certain program, then they should
not attend that program.  Just as, if a student does not like the curriculum
or policies of a college, they should not attend that particular college,
but rather find one that will better meet their needs.  As I'm sure you will
twist my message in order to invent a rebuttal, I will say no more.

Alicia