[nfb-talk] Our friend Dick Edlund passes

Gary Wunder gwunder at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 7 02:42:06 UTC 2009

It saddens me to have to pass this along.  Dick Edlund was one of the
primary persons responsible for getting me involved in the
Federation, for teaching me, and for believing in me when some others didn't!

David Andrews

  am surprised that this information hasn't been out on other lists
already, but it is my sad duty to tell you that our good friend
Richard Edlund has died. Dick had been hospitalized since sometime in
early October, and his last few days were spent in hospice care.

Many of us remember when Dick was our long-time National Treasurer
and the State President in Kansas. He also served in the Kansas
Legislature, was a champion for sheltered shop workers, and a
goodwill ambassador for all blind people.

Dick meant so very much to me that it is hard to know where to start,
and I'm sure that many of you have similar feelings.

I've heard nothing yet about funeral arrangements. When I do, I will
pass them on. I will always associate box 11185 with the best of what
it means to be a Federationist.