[nfb-talk] Losing DVS

Ray Foret jr rforetjr at comcast.net
Wed Jan 14 23:04:57 UTC 2009

John, I am not going to engage in a protracted argument with you; and, I
suspect, neither will any of us on this list.  We know you too well.
Attack, attack, attack and attack.  That's all we ever get out of you.  If
you ever decide to put forth a reasonable case for any of your positions,
perhaps you might find more people willing to consider what you have to say;
but, so long as you attack for the sake of attacking, and so long as you try
to stir the pot, (as you are now trying), you can just forget it.  Looking
for an argument from me?  You won't get it; just the truth.  That's why from
this message on, I will say no more to you what so ever.

And what was John's response to me?  This:

"Why is it that I'm the only one who EVER criticizes the NFB on this list?

Apparently, the NFB is perfect. Holy cow, I even got barked at for daring to
criticize Ray Kurzweil.

Look, it's not *my* fault that the NFB has done things like trying to stop
accessible money and DVS. We should *all* be ticked off about that. If
you're not ticked off about it, that's your problem, not mine.

The NFB's actions have made it more likely that I will lose DVS on my
favorite PBS shows. Instead of siding with TV and movie producers, they
should have been fighting for *MY* interests.
Darn right I'm ticked off and rightfully so!"

Sincerely,
The Constantly BAREFOOTED Ray

"Old friend, what are you looking for?  After those many years abroad you
come With images you tended Under foreign skies Far away from your own land"
George Seferis

Phone or Fax::
+1 (985) 360-3375
e-mail: