[nfb-talk] petition for FS

qubit lauraeaves at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 12 17:04:00 UTC 2009

... or rather, let's flood their suggestion box...

I just sent a flame to FS on suggestions at freedomscientific.com about the
scanty braille on their products. The last straw for me was getting the jaws
11 CD in the mail yesterday and finding it said only "jaws for windows" --
no version number, no serial number.
I needed sighted assistance to retrieve that info.
I also hate hunting around for power cords for my M40 when the power cord
has no braille identifying what it is for.  True there is a plastic ring on
it, but that doesn't give any indication of the product or specs.  Compare
that to my brailliant display, which has the power cord and USB cord labeled
in braille.
Even the WAVE that I bought from RFBD has a braille label on the power cord.
So what's with FS?
I figure a company that is supposed to cater to the needs of the blind would
make their products convenient and usable without sighted assistance.
So there's my soapbox.
Anyone want to hop on it with me and send mail to FS?
Thanx for listening.
--le