[nfb-talk] Congratulations!

Ann Cunningham ann at sensationalbooks.com
Wed Sep 30 14:43:12 UTC 2009

Dear Terry,

          I have a small publishing company and we publish Sadie Can Count.
It is a tactile/visual concept book with large print directly above Braille
text. All the pictures are full color and fully embossed making it
accessible equally to touch and vision.

          I also make tactile interpretations of popular work in art museum
collections. Denver Art Museum and Joslyn Art Museum in Omaha have a number
of pieces available on request.

          Recently I installed a major permanent public art exhibit at the
Iowa Department for the Blind in Des Moines. It is free and open to the
public. Be sure and stop in if you are in the area.

          Right now I am very excited about finishing up a 40 piece Louis
Braille Commemorative Coin puzzle for NFB. Each time 10,000 coins are sold
another puzzle piece is installed. Everyone on my gift list this year is
receiving one of these beautiful coins. I love knowing that these gifts
support Braille literacy. I imagine you know all about these coins but
incase you don't here is a link to the US Mint:

https://catalog.usmint.gov/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?langId=
-1
<https://catalog.usmint.gov/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?langId
=-1&storeId=10001&catalogId=10001&identifier=4000>
&storeId=10001&catalogId=10001&identifier=4000

          I continually learn more about what I am doing by teaching art
classes at the Colorado Center for the Blind.

          Thanks for asking,

          Ann

   Ann Cunningham

  Tactile / Visual Arts