[nfb-talk] [NFB-talk] [NFB-talk] New List for Blind Conservatives

Wm. Ritchhart william.ritchhart at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 21 21:46:47 UTC 2010

Unfortunately I think we are all missing a key point in all this
liberal/conservative talk.  Over the years I have come to find that the only
difference that one group has one from the other is what they want to spend
the American Citizen's tax dollars on.  There are few true conservatives
around any longer.  They embarrassed themselves rather badly from October
29, 1929 through December 7, 1941.  Most of my fellow Republicans also have
failed to properly learn American history when it came to the roll of the
Federal Government.  It was created for some very important reasons and they
should read The Federalist Papers and pay attention.

What we as blind folks had better make sure we continue to do is to advocate
for our true needs to which ever bunch happens to be running things at
whatever particular time it happens to be.

My last comment on this topic is that I know only a few blind people who by
choice would rather take a SSI hand out than work.  I am confident the
percentage is no higher than in the general population.  I believe the over
whelming majority of the blind folks in this country want a good job that
pays their bills and gives them extra money for luxuries.  The 70%
unemployment rate has more to do with stupid bigoted attitudes than anything
else.