[nfb-talk] blind and wanting to improve things, not get labeled

ckrugman at sbcglobal.net ckrugman at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 23 14:32:39 UTC 2010

Actually, while I work being self employed and under employed I do receive
them and over the years dealt with over payments and the like. I also have
had to deal with not being able to be covered by supplemental Medicare
coverage and having to pay the 20% copayment for uncovered coverage meaning
that I have had to make choices regarding preventative care at times.
Fortunately, I'm healthy and have not experienced any problems to speak of.
Of course, it is much more difficult for SSI recipients that have to deal
with the constraints of Medicaid eligibility and share of cost issues if
their income goes over the amount covered. I'm not sure what your question
is. I do believe however, that having dealt with private agencies that play
favoritism in delivery of services the uniformity of Federal guidelines
works much better.
Chuck