[nfb-talk] a search for solutions to all of these issues

John Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Mon Apr 26 01:19:14 UTC 2010

I've made this same point many, many times on this list. I feel the
NFB has an obligation to represent all blind people, not just its
members. This is because a lot of blind people aren't even capable of
joining the NFB. Well, almost anybody could marginally be a member.
But a lot of people aren't even going to know the NFB exists because
they aren't part of any community of blind people. Others will live in
situations that don't allow them to be members in anything but name
only. When an issue comes up for a vote, they won't be there.