[nfb-talk] Here We Go Again

John Heim john at johnheim.net
Sun Dec 5 01:38:38 UTC 2010

I do woodworking. Blind woodworkers have one major advantage over
sighted woodworkers, they can work in the dark. Another thing I've
noticed is that blind people seem to do much better when a job calls
for doing something by feel like reaching into a tight space to fascen
a bolt. I was putting in a toilet with a guy one time and he must have
tried to put on the bolts in the back for a full minute or two before
giving up and leting me try. I did it in about 5 seconds. That kind of
thing happens all the time.

But I don't believe for a second that a blind woodworker can act as
fast as a sighted one.