[nfb-talk] [NFB-talk] Here We Go Again: Home Makeover - blindcouple in OH

Ray Foret Jr rforetjr at att.net
Mon Dec 6 20:15:34 UTC 2010

Le, let me say something here.  It seems to me that, while you have some valid points to make, (especially where being newly blinded is concerned), I would, with respect, somewhat disagree about just one thing you say.  Surely, with all the work we've done over the past 70 years, you would think that Andre and Jazzman would have sought out better independent living training.  It isn't that I'm criticizing them for being dependent, rather, I am critical of what I judge to be a lack of effort on somebody's part to give them or offer them better training.  Now, you do make the point of having the resource available to them.  Who's job was it to approach them and offer better training?  Well, frankly, I think that this is one area where we might have done a better job ourselves.  Why didn't somebody in the NFB or familiar with the NFB offer them better help?  Frankly, I'd say that in this respect, we fell down on the job.  No wonder then that things came out the way they did.  After all, don't we have an affiliate in their area?

Sincerely,
The Constantly Barefooted Ray!!!

Now A Very Proud and very happy Mac user!!!

Skype Name:
barefootedray