[nfb-talk] [Bulk] Re: [NFB-talk] HereWeGoAgain: Home Makeover-blindcouple in OH

Wm. Ritchhart william.ritchhart at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 10 12:45:37 UTC 2010

John,

You are correct that in 1993 the position was as you state.  However I
remember at later NFB conventions in the 1990's that the NFB position
changed on the subject.  My memory is not perfect.  I think if you can look
for the 1997 Convention round up and/or resolutions you will notice a change
in the position.

I would also opine that the average Federationist would like to have
accessible money and DVS.  But not at any price.  There are things we tend
to want more and we are definitely concerned with the image that is created
when we proclaim the need for accessible money and DVs.  I think most of us
define these items as wants and not needs.  Certainly they are for me.

However I think my sighted girl friend might disagree with me on the DVS
issue.  As I am often asking her to pause movies to describe visual things
to me.

Thanks, William