[nfb-talk] Tragedy in Denver

Ryan O ryano218 at comcast.net
Mon Dec 27 21:50:08 UTC 2010

Bryan, your question is a little ambiguous so forgive me if I misunderstand
it and don't answer appropriately.

The three students who were hit by the car were doing nothing at all. They
were merely standing at the curb, waiting for the bus. The student who was
killed, Dave Nanny, pushed the two other students out of the way when the
car hit them. Had he not done so, their injuries would've been worse. The
professional and casual media can paint whatever picture they wish about
who's fault it was, but in truth, the three blind people did absolutely
nothing to provoke the situation.

The driver may be another matter. I have no first-hand knowledge of what the
authorities are going to do other than what's already been reported in the
media. Certainly I wasn't there and am not familiar with the intersection
where the accident happened. However, what I've heard is that there is a
stop sign at the four-way intersection right by the bus stop, and that the
lady driving the fatal car did not heed the sign. Had she done so, the
accident would likely have been less severe in spite of the icy conditions.
The authorities may be considering this when discussing possible charges
filed against her.

RyanO