[nfb-talk] streaming the NFB convention

Sherri flmom2006 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 02:29:55 UTC 2010

I am currently, just for the sake of comparison, listening to the ACB convention opening session on ACB radio. There are no drop-outs, no loss of signal, but it sounds as though maybe 400-500 people are in the audience--only based on what I can hear. I think it would be phenomenal if someone knowledgeable in the streaming process could help our NFB be better able to stream our convention. Our National Convention was so exciting! I believe that if it could be streamed in its entirety, it would encourage those who have not attended to want to attend a convention. Is there anyone who could maybe talk to the ACB folks and find out how they do such a good job streaming their convention? Attending our convention in Dallas, I found it to be inspirational and though much of it will be put on the convention issue of the Monitor, I would hope that in future, especially for the banquet and the Presidential Report, the convention could be streamed via audio to those who will not be able to attend.

Sherri Brun, NFBF Secretary and Newsline® Coordinator
E-mail:  flmom2006 at gmail.com
http://www.nfbnewslineonline.org
http://www.nfbflorida.org

"Don't give up something you want forever for something you want only for now!"