[nfb-talk] swimming (was: Bard(

John G. Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Thu Jul 15 14:04:38 UTC 2010

So you're a swimmer, huh?  Do you ever have to share a lane? If so, how do
you do it? I have never managed to do that successfully. Here at the pool at
the University of Wisconsin, I call ahead and they set a lane aside for me
so I can have it to myself. Its only a minor sacrifice because there are
usually several lanes with only one person in them. So when they reserve a
lane for me, it only means one other person has to share a lane.

Have you ever done any open water swimming? I would like to enter a
triathlon but I don't like swimming tethered to someone else. I just can't
get comfortable doing that. It effects my breathing and I just can't swim
normally.