[nfb-talk] Fw: book for knitters

Ed Meskys edmeskys at roadrunner.com
Sat Mar 27 14:36:07 UTC 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: Sandy Meskys
To: ed meskys
Sent: Saturday, March 27, 2010 10:22 AM
Subject: book for knitters

A part of frugal households may be to create your own clothing. Or
perhaps you would like to make blankets or throws. Or just maybe you
simply want something to keep your hands busy while watching
television.

Personally, I am astonished to watch my wife knit some truly
extraordinary items while she relaxes at home. She finds knitting to
be a huge release of tension from her demanding job as an
anesthesiologist--and on the salary scale here in Ukraine, saving
money is also important.

Thus, when I ran across an article about a blind gentleman who taught
himself to knit and who then wrote a book for beginners that can be
used by the visually impaired or by anyone else to learn the basic
techniques, I was fascinated. The book is sold as a downloadable ebook
either in BRF (Braille Ready Format) or as a large-text Acrobat file
by Lion Yarn Company.

The article about it is at
http://www.statesmanjournal.com/article/20100307/COLUMN0807/3070357/1126

The ebook is available at
http://www.lionbrand.com/6030/InventoryPage/1418804/1.html

I hope you may find it helpful if you have an interest.

David