[nfb-talk] DVS and Dish Network

Ed Meskys edmeskys at roadrunner.com
Mon Nov 1 00:09:51 UTC 2010

I have had an on-going battle with Dish Network about DVS. I still use an analog TV, and used to get DVS. After the nation went digital my analog service no longer carries it. Phoning their help line is frustrating. Most of the technicians who answer the phone do not know what DVS is, and after researching it for a while, they say that they do not receive it from the networks. If they were to receive it, they claim they would send it out. I phoned WGBH in Boston, which originates most DVS, and they claim they do send it out.

Perhaps it only goes out on the digital or high definition services? Does anyone with a modern TV who uses Dish Network get DVS? Or do they also fail to get it.

Our old TV works fine and we would rather not buy a new one, but if it would bring back DVS I might bite the bullet and go for it.

Ed Meskys