[nfb-talk] Accessible Bank websites

John Heim john at johnheim.net
Thu Sep 30 13:48:45 UTC 2010

I just opened an account with Wells Fargo for the International Association
of Visually Impaired Technologists (www.iavit.org). They were very helpful.
A banker even set up the on-line banking account for me. I probably could
have done that myself but this way I knew it would get done. Last night, I
was able to log into the Wells Fargo web site and get the information I
needed to link the Wells Fargo account to Paypal.

The Wells Fargo site is very accessible. I had no problems navigating it
what so ever. About the only criticism I could make is very minor. As
typical of web sites these days, there are a lot of links. Simpler would be
better if you're blind.  But its not like a yahoo page that sometimes have
hundreds of links. And as I become familiar with the Wells Fargo site, I
will learn what to search for in order to get to the information I need. So
I give the Wells Fargo site an A for accessibility. Or maybe I should said
I'd give it a 9 on a scale of 1 to 10.