[nfb-talk] Cassette Players and Magazines

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Fri Apr 15 20:20:45 UTC 2011

Joshua:

With respect, how about showing a bit of initiative.  Have you gone to the NFB site and done a search for "Braille Monitor" and "subscription"?

Having mildly skewered you, here's how you can find the instructions.

Go to the NFB website, thence to the "Publications" link, thence to the "Braille Monitor" link -- it's the first Level One header on the Publications page -- and on the page which is loaded when you click on that link is a link to subscribe to the email version.  Use your screen-reader's Find command to get to that link.

Mike Freeman
sent from my iPhone

On Apr 15, 2011, at 12:21, Joshua Lester <jlester8462 at students.pccua.edu> wrote:

> I sent the player back.
> I wish that they'd put it on CD.
> Please tell me where to go, so I can subscribe to the E-mail version
> of Braille Monitor.
> Thanks, Joshua
>
> On 4/15/11, Lloyd Rasmussen <lras at sprynet.com> wrote:
>> You can also get your NLS player replaced.  Otherwise, you ought to send it
>> back.  NLS hasn't converted its mail-out audio magazines from cassette to
>> digital format yet (although they are all available for download from BARD).
>>
>> It costs the NFB less if you get your Braille Monitor by download or by
>> e-mail.
>>
>> Lloyd Rasmussen, Kensington, Maryland
>> Home:  http://lras.home.sprynet.com
>> Work:  http://www.loc.gov/nls