[nfb-talk] LookTell

T. Joseph Carter carter.tjoseph at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 07:10:09 UTC 2011

I'm half expecting to hear before too long that the KNFB Reader
software is available for the iPhone 4 and 5.  As noted elsewhere,
the iPhone 4 has a suitable camera, though other Apple devices do
not.  The hardware is pretty much the same on all major modern
smartphones, it's just a question of operating system and application
software.

There's nothing terribly unique about the KNFB Reader's supported
hardware.  All that matters is porting the software to the
appropriate operating system and working out how to put it on to the
appropriate devices.

Presently, you can only get iPhone software from the App Store
(without a jailbreak of course), but this comes at a 30% cut of the
sale price for Apple.  I do not know if that's reasonable at this
point or not.

Joseph