[nfb-talk] Convention in Orlando for 5 years

bookwormahb at earthlink.net bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 1 00:55:54 UTC 2011

Well, we can't satisfy all. Some want shorter conventions, some want longer.
It is what it is. Its amazing to me all the meetings and general session
speakers that are placed in one week.  I think if you want a shorter stay,
just come for the part that interests you.
Someone stated they have a life and in that life  they are active in other
professional organizations.
I say stay active in those groups; blindness is  but one part of you after
all. But comparing other professional organizations to NFB
is, in my opinion, not a fair comparison. Those groups: American diabetes
association, American heart Association, American speech and Hearing
association, National education association, etc are national but have a
defined scope and smaller mission. On the other hand NFB has many interest
groups, affiliates, many different policies, more business, etc to deal
with. So NFB needs a longer convention than, say, the American Diabetes
association or the American Speech and Hearing Association.

Ashley