[nfb-talk] walkers?

Chris Westbrook westbchris at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 00:07:46 UTC 2011

I have unfortunately lost quite a bit of balance due to a stress fracture and possibly other things, and when I was at physical therapy today my therapist showed me and recommended I get a ruling walker.  I'm considering it for around the house and longer distances possibly, but I am wondering if I could really use one in an unfamiliar environment.  Clearly using a cane with one would be out of the question because of holding on to the walker with both hands, but is there a way of doing sighted guide or something with one of them?  I suppose someone else could put their hand on the handle with me and guide me that way.  Does anyone have any experience wit using a walker?