[nfb-talk] [Nfb-or] More bad news: Round 2

T. Joseph Carter carter.tjoseph at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 15:30:58 UTC 2011

Thanks Lin, Ben, and everyone!

I’m made of some pretty tough stuff, as most of you know probably
better than most.  If anyone can come out of this okay, it’d be me.

I’m just annoyed because I had some pretty good job prospects, and
they would be completely incompatible with the probable daily
radiation schedule I’ll begin just as soon as they know exactly what
portion(s) of my anatomy they’d like to have glow in the dark.

(No, you don’t actually get to glow in the dark.)

While two of the three jobs I was looking at are likely to still have
openings in March or April, I’d really prefer not to have another
delay given that the greatest source of fatigue from radiation last
time around was that caused by idleness as was still recovering from
surgery.

It’s also true that I’m in pretty desperate shape financially right
now.  I cancelled cable television months ago, and my phone will be
next.  I don’t even have a bus pass anymore.  I just haven’t been
able to pay the rising costs of EVERYTHING with all of this wonderful
inflation our government promises us we’re not actually having.  Now
I’ll have to pay for the bus pass and all sorts of other nickel and
dime expenses associated with this.  I just don’t have it.  Even now
the kitchen’s pretty bare and so are both my bank account and Oregon
Trail card.

Ahh, the joys of trying to survive on government entitlements.  You
don’t EVEN want to get me started on that topic right now!

Praying that I can find some contract work or something, because if I
can’t, I’m going to have expenses about $130 higher than my income
for the next two months, at least.  (Naturally, I’ve got no savings.)

So I’ve got lots of worries, and the cancer is kind of the least of
them right this moment.

Joseph